Manager Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics (M/F/X)
The EH&S department is recruiting a Manager Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics to support the Janssen Supply Chain pharmaceutical manufacturing processes in Belgium. The position will be based in Geel, Belgium.
The Geel site is the largest chemical production site for small molecule API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) within the Janssen supply chain. We ensure lifesaving medicines reach the patient, safely, optimality, competitively, always. Beside production of API's, the site has a launch & grow mission for new pharmaceutical products. To accomplish this mission, we keep investing in new technologies, people, and partnerships. Our teams are working together in a dynamic environment where innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are common good.
As Manager Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics, you will feel the beating heart of the Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) at the Geel site. You support and advise the site in the development and implementation of the Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics policy, and are continuously improving these programs to prevent severe injuries or undesired health effects caused by activities at the workplace, together with the EH&S team.
- You are responsible for the Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics program to assure that accurate controls of chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic hazards are in place.
- You provide detailed risk identification (using specific tools) and evaluations (containing monitoring plan, measurements, statistical analysis, reports). You drive the short- and long-term actions in a control plan, based on these specific risk assessments.
- You convince the leadership team in developing and implementing a containment strategy to ensure compliance with EH&S local regulations and J&J standards. You ensure implementation of the industrial hygiene, personal protective equipment (PPE), ergonomics, regulated substances strategy, programs and projects.
- You lead all aspects of the development and implementation of local industrial hygiene, PPE, radiation and chemical agents practices and procedures. You can provide training and lead focus audits or program reviews.
- You develop strong collaborations with e.g. engineering or facilities to ensure industrial hygiene and ergonomic aspects are considered at the beginning of new projects or changes.
- You are the first point of contact to investigate, analyze and tackle identified problems related to the industrial hygiene and PPE field.
- You participate in local or global EH&S programs, projects and initiatives as team member or project lead.
- You lead a dynamic team of experts with focus on controlling all chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic hazards as part of the bigger EH&S team.
- As one of the key players in the site emergency planning and business continuity planning, you are periodic available outside normal working hours to assist in case of calamities and will be part of the stand-by role at the site.
- You have a minimum of a professional bachelor’s degree or equivalent by experience.
- You have an EH&S education of Prevention advisor level 1 and a formal education in Industrial Hygiene.
- You have experience in a pharmaceutical, chemical, R&D or manufacturing environment.
- You demonstrate a strong personal leadership with shown skills working within diverse teams.
- You are an independent decision taker and can work in a constantly evolving organization.
- You demonstrate proficiency in both spoken and written English and Dutch.
- You like to work with people, no matter what level, in a sophisticated organization.
- You are willing to travel (maximum 20%, merely in Belgium). Your office is at the Geel site.
- You have experience as people manager or at least experience with leading teams.
What does J&J have to offer you?
We are a hard-working team of people with a passion for safety for others and the environment. You will support existing and craft new business with extraordinary social importance. You are getting the opportunity to grow by internal and external training.
We offer you a highly competitive salary (PG 30), 39 holidays per year, annual performance bonus, meal vouchers of 8€/day worked, annual sports and culture vouchers, hospitalization insurance (partner and children included), a group insurance, a pension plan, a contribution for the internet connection at home and ergonomic supplies to work at home, you will be working in the J&J Flex model, meaning you work at least 3 days/week on the location and are flexible to work up to 2 days from home.
Procedure to apply.
You can apply for this function by filling out the form on our website. There we will ask for your resume and motivation letter. Based on this information we will select candidates for a first interview. In further phase there will be maximum 2 other group interviews.
For questions related to job content, please contact Filip De Proft via firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you want to know more about our diversity policy, please click here